The Golden Retrievers has good looks, calm attribute, and intelligence. So, there is no doubt about the immense popularity of Golden Retriever in the USA. And since they were originally hunting dogs, the Golden Retriever brings random things to you. What do you do with those things?
Do you know why the Golden retriever brings random things? There are five most common reasons for this. Since Golden Retriever is a possessive dog breed, it brings you its things to show its trust. Besides this, it attempts to draw your attention and please you with the toys.
Along with this, bringing things random things and chewing them relieves the stress of your pet. Also, the Golden Retriever shows its happiness and excitement by jumping around and giving random things.
While amending to become best for the family and a companion to the children, the Golden Retriever is gradually losing its hunting behavior. Thus nowadays instead, of retrieving preys, the dog fetches random things.
Does your Golden Retriever bring you random things?
How often do you play fetching or retrieving games with your pet?
What Are Things Your Golden Retriever May Carry?
Since the Golden Retrievers’ ancestors were hunters, it is natural that the pet likes fetching or retrieving things. But do you know the things that the Golden Retriever would carry in its mouth?
Here are the things that dogs usually bring home:
- Food or meal
- Hidden bones
- Birds (dead)
I guess your pet often brings you random things. Do you enjoy it?
8 Reasons Why Do Golden Retriever Brings You Things?
Although the Golden Retrievers are good hunters, they are also kind and friendly pets. And the aura of the beautiful personality of these breeds never fails to attract the attention of everyone. Along with this, the pet is the best family dog and knows how to steal the heart of family members.
Does your pet run to you with random things in its mouth? Do you wonder what the pet is up to when you see it like that?
However, there are several reasons why your Golden Retriever brings you things. And they are:
1. To Gain Your Attention
Being a social pet, the Golden Retriever loves the attention of people. And the rewards or treats they get from people encourage them to be around people.
Moreover, if you reward your pet with delicious treats after it brings you random stuff, your pal assumes bringing things will give it food. Thus, to get the attention your attention, your Golden Retriever brings random things.
2. Golden Retriever Trust You, If It Brings Things To You
Golden Retrievers are very possessive and competitive. Thus, they do not prefer sharing their belongings like favorite toys, food, etc. But when you build a bond with your pet, your pal doe not hesitate to show you its trust.
Therefore, the Golden Retriever brings its favorite things to you. And the pet does that to show you that it trusts you.
3. When Your Golden Retriever Feels Bored
Since Golden Retrievers are highly energetic dog breeds, they play and run all day. Besides this, the dogs need at least an hour of training daily. Thus, if you fail to give your pet enough time, it feels boring.
Furthermore, the Golden Retriever brings several things to you to gain or attention. So, it can play and enjoy with you.
4. Golden Retriever Brings You Things For Playing
Golden Retriever loves playing. But sometimes, your work pressure engages you so much that you fail to give proper love or attention to your pet. And thus, your pal may feel ignored. In addition, to reduce the gap between you two, the pet comes up with different toys and jumps around you.
When your Golden Retriever brings toys toward you, it means that your pet is suggesting to play.
5. Golden Retriever Brings Your Things To Show You
The owners are the favorite person of the Golden Retriever. Thus, when the pet finds something while running around, it brings the thing towards you to show you.
Furthermore, the pet feels confused about the unusual thing that it will find while running around. Thus, the Golden Retriever brings the thing near its owner to know that it is. And how to use it.
6. When Your Golden Retriever Needs To Chew
Owing to history, the Golden Retrievers were good hunting dogs that could retrieve things from both land and water. Thus, the mouthy behavior of your pet is natural.
Moreover, chewing relieves the mental stress and physical tooth pain of the Golden Retriever. And, since being around the owner is its safest place, the Golden Retriever brings random things towards you and starts chewing.
7. To Show Its Excitement
The Golden Retrievers are joyful and happy pets. And they do not hide their emotions. Whenever the pet finds random stuff twirling around the house or garden, the Golden Retriever brings it towards you due to excitement.
Furthermore, the pet associates fetching and retrieving with treats. So, the pet feels excited because it thinks it will get a reward for showing the thing to its owner. Therefore, the Golden Retriever brings the things it fetched to you in excitement.
8. Golden Retriever Brings Your Things To Please You
Golden Retrievers are very appealing dog breeds that have beautiful, soft, and thick skin coats. Furthermore, the dogs are intelligent and understand the body language of their owners.
Therefore, when your pet sees that you are upset, the Golden Retriever brings random things to enlighten your mood.
Besides this, the dog loves the owner a lot. Thus, it does everything to please you and make you happy. And bringing the toys is one of those ways.
However, if you want to know how to find your Golden Retriever lose you or not, you can read this article- 16 Ways To Know Your Golden Retriever Loves You.
Does the choice of the things that your Golden Retriever brings to you scares you?
Don’t you want to teach your pet what is good and not while it picks random things?
What Are The Tips To Control Golden Retriever From Bringing Things?
Although the Golden Retriever looks cute while bringing things to you, sometimes the random stuff can be disgusting -like dead birds, bones, rats, etc. Thus, it is essential to control this habit of your pal.
Hence, here are some tips to control the Golden Retriever:
- Provide healthy with all essential nutrients to your pet. Also, include prescribed nutritional supplements in the diet of your Golden Retriever that your Vet suggests.
- Treats are the most common foods to spoil the health of your pet. Thus, always feed your Golden Retriever with natural snacks as treats.
- Exercise and play with the pet to spend time with your pal. Besides this, take your playful companion for walks, social gatherings, and meetings.
- Train the Golden Retriever for an hour every day that disciplines your pal. Besides this, it also helps in the physical and mental development of your pet. Furthermore, you can give you pet behavioral training, service training, and potty training.
- Ignore your pet when it comes up with unpleasant random things in its mouth to teach your pal what is good and whatnot.
- Do not hit or threaten the Golden Retriever if it fails to understand your commands. Be patient while training your pet.
- Ask help from the animal behaviorist when your pet starts showing random behaviors like aggression, pawing, biting, grunting, or barking.
Undoubtedly, your innocent pal sometimes brings scary random things towards you.
Does your pet scare you from the random things it brings?
If your answer is yes, then training your pet is the best way to teach your pet that everything it finds in the ground may not be pleasant.
Did you ask for suggestions from the behaviorist about the training session for managing this behavior in your pet?
Does Your Golden Retriever Bring A Lot Of Things? Training To Manage It.
Golden Retrievers are intelligent dog breeds. Thus, if you train your pet, it will learn faster that bringing random things to you is not always preferable.
So, here are the steps of training:
- Teach various commands like sit, stand, lean, run, go, and stop to your pet.
- Give a go command to the Golden Retriever to bring things to you.
- If your pet offers the things you do not want, say no and ignore your pet.
- But, if it is the thing you want, treat your pet with natural snacks.
- If your Golden Retriever frequently brings disturbing stuff inside the house, squirt your pet with water.
- Repeat the steps until your Golden Retriever stops bringing random things home.
Moreover, raising a Golden Retriever may not be as easy as it seems. As these dog breeds have several health issues, you must deal with cancer, constipation, ear infection, diabetes, and thyroid disorders after bringing the pet home. Further, your slight ignorance can be fatal for the pet because it degrades the healthy lifespan of your Golden Retriever.
Therefore, it is up to you want you to choose. So, make your decision consciously.
However, I hope you learned more about the behaviors of your Golden Retriever and its meaning through this article. And I guess all the above steps or ideas of managing the fetching habit of your pet would be helpful for you.
Do you have any suggestions to improve this article?
If you have, then please suggests them in the comments.